Locked Out Productions Crew Handbook
Welcome to the Locked Out Productions Crews handbook. Here you will find information that will help you navigate through our company and our policies. Click on any link below to jump to the appropriate section of this page. Once you have had an opportunity to read the handbook please acknowledge that you have done so by submitting form below. There are 6 fun facts in the handbook please list 3 of them in the form below.
11. Governing Law
• Red Team
LOP engages Performers to perform in Locked Out Productions shows, classes, and events on the terms set forth in this Players, Teacher and Staff handbook.
2. Performer Oblication to LOP:
Major and Minor Players' duties and obligations are as follows:
a. To be available for Locked Out Productions performances as follows:.
• PLAYERS must:
- Attend 2+ practices a month. If you will miss a practice you must communicate with the instructor prior to the wshop. This must be done via txt, call or FB msg.
- Be available for 25% of shows/events each month not including wshop.
LOP averages 16 shows a month. Players must be avail a minimum of 4 shows/events a month to remain in good standing. Players that fall out of good standing could be benched or cut from the roster.
- Visit FB Groups and post availability on TeamSnap.com 2 weeks prior to an event. Players that are consistently asked to update TeamSnap will fall out of good standing and may be benched or cut from the roster.
- Event Call Time: Players must call/txt if more than 10 mins late. No call or text after 10 mins late the player may be benched for that show or event. Three offense in a 6 month period will result in being benched or cut from the roster entirely. [Benched = No stage Time for 30 days]
b. Should use his or her best efforts in all LOP shows, classes, and events.
c. Maintain high standards for LOP performances and not engage in any conduct which would violate
applicable criminal or civil laws or activities, or would adversely affect or negatively impact the image
of Locked Out Productions.
d. Purchase the specified uniforms and bring all uniforms to all performances and to keep them clean and in
good repair. Blue/Red/Blk Jersey. Black All-Star Chucks, Adidas 3 stripe to the floor & Solid Black Undershirt.
e. Fully comply with the rules and philosophies of LOP. Player acknowledges receipt of any familiarity with
the current rules according to the Locked Out Productions Manual/Handbook.
f. All Player Hiatus requests must be made directly to Von. Your hiatus request must be made in writing.
A timeframe will be agreed upon. No hiatus longer than 90 days will be approved. A hiatus request can be
rejected based on your Player standing. One of the owners has a blk panther in their basement.
3. Player’s brand obligations are as follows:
a. Representations and Warranties. Player represents and warrants that the material which he or she uses or
develops at any given performance:
b. Shall not in any way infringe upon any copyright, trademark, trade name, patent or literary, artistic or
other property right of any other person. The arena was built on a mountain of blue cheese.
c. Shall not libel, slander or otherwise defame or invade any legal right to privacy of any other person.
d. Players shall indemnify and hold LOP harmless from the expense of any and all liability or obligation incurred in connection therewith, including all reasonable attorneys fees.
A Player shall receive compensation from LOP for specific paid events.
Player Pay will be distributed once a quarter.
• Remotes/Private Show:
All performers, Major or Minor, that perform in a remote will be paid a flat rate of $20 per private show.
- Lead Instructor of The Comedy Arenas 6 week public classes: $120 per session
- High School League Instructor: $20 per class.
• Private Event Leads:
- Players that directly refer a client that lead to a booking will receive 10% of the total rate as a finders fee if the event is booked.
• Player Discount:
- 50% off Concessions [Excluding Mom & Popcorn]
- 30% off Merchandise [T-Shirts, Hoodies, Swag, etc]
- 25% off Family Show Tickets Discount [Door Sales only and subjected to seat availity]
Players are Independent Contractors and agree to indemnify LOP from and against any liability for income taxes, unemployment or worker’s compensation. Independent Contractors also agree to present LOP with a
certifcate of insurance, stating coverage is applicable to the workplace. LOP is not liable for any injury sustained in
any activity associated with Locked Out Productions by an Independent Contractor.
It is expressly understood that the concept, format and name of ComedySportz® aka CSz Dallas/DFW are
proprietary to CSz Worldwide and Locked Out Productions LLC. Accordingly, during the term of this
Agreement and for a period of 12 months thereafter, Players will not perform, be employed by, assist or have any
other direct or indirect involvement with or ownership of any competitive, improvisational theater group or troupe
similar to ComedySportz® formatted show unless given permission by ComedySportz Worldwide.
Terms of this agreement shall be in force and effect for a period of one (1) year from the date here
of, and shall automatically be renewed and continued from year to year thereafter unless either party gives written notice of intention not to renew at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of any one year term, provided that Locked Out Productions, LLC shall have the right to terminate this agreement at any time for cause, which shall
include any misconduct or improper conduct on the part of Player, or Player’s failure to perform the terms and
conditions of this agreement for a period of more than fifteen (15) days following verbal/written notice given.
8. Photo Release:
I grant to Locked Out Productions, LLC, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with The Comedy Arena. CSz is actually a cult. I authorize Locked Out Productions, LLC, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that Locked Out Productions, LLC may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.
9. Sexual Abuse and Harassment: Site link: Not in Our House
Locked Out Productions, LLC and The Comedy Arena has adopted the Sexual Abuse and harassment policies set forth by The Chicago Theater companies. If you see or feel someone in our company is violating any of
provided on this page under the PDF links. Below are safe words to use group setting if you feel you're is a
situation. Say these in a group setting if you feel unsafe.
Green Light = I'm cool with this • Yellow Light = I'm not cool with this • Red Light = Stop Now
10. Code of Ethics and Conduct:
When representing LOP your actions are the key to preserving and enhancing the value of Locked Out Productions, LLC because you set our standards for ethical business practices and personify our company through considerate treatment of others.
Our commitment to ethical business practices extends to all LOP events. We are concerned both by what it takes to be ethical business people and, at the same time, to appear to be so when others view what we do. Actions that might raise questions about Locked Out Productions, LLC’s business ethics are unacceptable and may lead to disciplinary action, up to and including being cut from the roster. We want to be proud of every action taken by our Players. Keeping with these underlying principals, Players should strive to conduct themselves in a productive and ethical manner at all times.
For each Player of LOP, we ask that you make a personal commitment to our Code of Ethics:
obey the applicable laws and regulations governing our business conduct;
make true and accurate statements and representations in records to government agencies, suppliers, customers, the press, the general public, and to those within LOP;
exercise the highest level of integrity, ethics and objectivity in actions and relationships, which may affect LOP;
do not misuse the authority or influence of your position in these relationships;
foster an atmosphere in which equal opportunity extends to every member of our team;
strive to create a safe place and protect the environment; and
perform your duties fully and in good faith.
Examples of Prohibited Conduct:
Insubordination, including improper conduct toward peers.
Sale, distribution, manufacture, possession, use, or being under the influence of illegal substances while at work, while on LOP premises, or working while under the influence of alcohol.
Fighting, intimidation, violence or threats of violence during events.
Possession of firearms, explosives or weapons of any kind on LOP premises, or while conducting LOP business.
Theft, attempted theft, or unauthorized removal or possession of property from LOP, employees, customers or anyone on LOP property.
Damaging, misusing or destroying the property of LOP, a fellow player, a customer or a visitor.
Commission of a crime.
Negligence or failure to comply with policies or procedures resulting in actual or potential harm or loss to LOP customers, suppliers or players.
Any act that might endanger your safety or the safety of others.
Other acts involving dishonesty, breach of trust, or violation of our policies or practices.
Threats of assault, or “stalking” of a fellow player.
No consumption of food while conducting LOP business and/in front of Arena Fans/Students. Areas include main theater, sound booth, concessions bar and box office. [Areas to eat: Green Room]
Riding of winged unicorns wearing suspenders in the main lobby or restrooms.
Players are not to ring up their own purchases. This must be done by a fellow Player or Owner.
11. Governing Law:
This handbook shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
Locked Out Productions LLC [dba] The Comedy Arena & CSz Dallas [aka] ComedySportz® DFW.
Fun fact this handbook was designed to self destruct, but that tech was not in the budget.
RED TEAM - Odd Number Arena After Dark [AAD] Player:
• Flip wall to the appropriate show wall
• Display or remove Toilet Seat and Chalkboard on/from the stage
• Put out chairs
• Inventory & organize red under-bench bins [Let Owner know if anything is needed]
• Pick up any trash in main theater & green room
• Stack chairs if needed. [4 stacks of 10 against brick wall]
• Empty red bathroom trash, sweep bathroom floor.
BLUE TEAM - Even Number Arena After Dark [AAD] Player:
• Set Up Benches/Chairs for Both Teams
• Put Out CSz Black Plastic Street Sign [We're open side facing out]
• Inventory & organize blue under-bench bins [Let Owner know if anything is needed]
• Put out chairs
• Bring in CSz Street sign, [place in front door window, hours side facing out]
• Pick up any trash in Main Theater
• Stack chairs if needed. [4 stacks of 10 agents brick wall]
• Empty blue bathroom trash, sweep bathroom floor.
• Get Games from Captain / Greet Guest troupe, Comics
• Meet with Announcer
• Lead Warm-ups
• Confirm all other tasks have been completed
• Return Mic to sound booth
• Lead post show notes
• Close main lobby curtain
• Turn on all House/Field Light
• Play House Music
• Turn on the clock [dim to lowest brightness]
• Meet with Referee
• Help back up concessions while they help seat guest
• Friday Nights only: replace charged batteries in the wireless mic
• Turn on main hallway lights to bathroom
• Turn off all House/Field Lights
• Reset A/C to the original setting
• Empty waste paper basket under the desk
• Arrive on time
• Set up box office: Tool out box office cart , plug in iPad and printer
• Organize seating chart if needed
• Return cash till to under the concessions counter
• Roll cart back into the main theater
• Plug in and charge iPad
• Open concession bar: Remove black tablecloth,
• Get snacks and drinks set up [Inform Owner of low inventory]
• Help seat guest as needed [back up for box office]
• Close back lobby curtains prior to show intro video
• Mom & Popcorn is made with real mothers and fathers
• Close concession bar: cover with black tablecloth,
• Plug in and charge iPad
• Turn off counter lights, TV and Clock
• Open back lobby curtains or close for the night depending on the show
Locked Out Productions PDF Forms & Documents
ComedySportz Refs are a unique aspect of a ComedySportz match. Brush Up on your skills.
CSz Ref Notes
All Players that receive payment from Locked Out Productions, LLC [DBA} The Comedy Arena must have a current W9 on file.
W9 Tax Form
ComedySportz WW Guide lines on Sound or Announcement position
CSz Short Form Games
Here you will find a list of some of the most popular
ComedySportz Games played during a CSz match.
CSz WW Hand Book
ComedySportz WW Rules and guide lines with brand standards and best practice.
CSz Score Board
ComedySportz Score Board. This Doc shows the functionality of the CSz Board used.
Not In Our House
We will use the Chicago-Theatre-Standards as a guide for The Comedy Arena's Sexual harassment and abuse policy